Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Yoga of Action

Monday morning was a special milestone. It has been 100 days since Boxing Day that I started my early morning yoga practice. I've been a regular practitioner for a long time but never with this level of consistency. As each day progressed, the asanas became slower. Now and then I still go a class that is more vigorous. But it's interesting that my own practice now is about the same "speed" as my first classes at the YMCA with a traditional Hatha yogi named P.K. Also, with the commercialization of Yoga in the West, he was the only Indian teacher I've practiced with.

In the evening, I wandered over to Little India and stopped off at Karma Kitchen. There aren't too many Nepalese restaurants in the city although similar ones can be found in Parkdale. I chose the veggie thali ($13.99). It came on a metal tray with rice, lentil soup, bamboo curry, dry potato curry, and some sautée greens. Overall, this was a tasty dinner especially the potato and lentil. I have never seen bamboo curry but this version didn't stand out. The waiter forgot my cutlery but they were new on the job so I didn't care that much about the spotty customer service. I will return for more lentil soup and probably some momos, too.

No comments: