Saturday, August 20, 2022

Be Sweet

On Friday, I explored Industry St along the north end away from Sandwich and Crepe. The TTC bus garage was enormous. On the other side, there were 2 non-profits: North York Harvest Food Bank and FoodShare. The former was having a company day with the employees playing games on the lawn while a BBQ was being set up. The street ended at the Black Creek Business Centre that housed about a dozen businesses. There was a foot path leading to Touchstone Drive, which along with its neighbouring "Drives", was a slice of suburbia surrounded by arterial roads like Jane and Trethewey. I crossed the latter to head north along Brookhaven to Lawrence on my way to Mama Tofu. This established neighbourhood had affluent houses with green lawn and mature trees.

But before that, I stopped at 100% Salvadoreno for some eats. I opted for the Salvadorean Breakfast ($11) and a glass of Horchata ($3.50). The meal consisted of scrambled eggs with tomatoes, cheese, a slice of avocado, plaintain and sour cream and refried beans to slather onto hot pupusas.

This was stick-to-your-ribs food but on the bland side with the exception of the plaintain and horchata. If I lived nearby, I might return to try a few other dishes. But Salvadoreno wouldn't be my first choice for food in the area.

No comments: