Thursday, October 8, 2020

Yummy In The House

On a walk I found out that Vinny's Panini has kicked the bucket after more than 15 years. I returned on Sunday to try out its' replacement, Salvadorean eatery Casamiento. Similar to predecessor, it had a simple menu: 4 dishes with a choice of ingredients. I ordered 2 cheese pupusas ($5/each) and an eggplant quesadilla ($10).

They were great dishes though I preferred the pupusa. First, the corn flour (masa) was likely fresh because the flavour on both was wonderful. Rich but subtle, it lingered in your mouth. The cheese stuffing had a fragrant smokiness as if it was grilled. But the oily eggplant had less interesting taste and texture when compared to the rest. Gus Taco has revealed to me the beauty of roasted mushroom and bread. That would be a better vegetarian option than the eggplant.

No comments: