Wednesday, March 27, 2019

It's A Wash

After an afternoon matinee on Tuesday, I wanted to go to Manpuku but was convinced to try new Chinatown spot Awas Tea Noodle. This replaced a Jewish restaurant that sat next to venerable Swatow. In fact, I saw them finishing up renovations a few weeks ago.

So unfortunately, it felt like early days for Awas. The waitstaff was tentative, unsure, and inexperienced. I got a Taiwanese vegetarian noodle ($9.99) and a side-order of marinated bean curd leaf rolls ($2.50). The food was better though not particularly a stand-out. I missed out on their specialty which was the variety of tea offerings. I would come back to try that and for a quick bite (once they straighten out their service.) But I can't see this being either a destination restaurant or part of my regular rotation.

No comments: