Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Brunch Beat

I never understood the long line-up every week-end for brunch spot Aunties and Uncles at College and Lippincott. But when their next door neighbour Wrapido became a Filipino joint called BBs Diner, I decided to give the new competition a try.

On Sunday, I arrived just after the early hipster brunch rush and before the arrival of the Filipino after-church crowd. There was additional seating upstair but I was in the tiny downstair space. There was a booth and an 8-seat table sharing space with the kitchen. The latter was separated from the guests by the fiction of some Japanese screens. The staff (and crowd) was strictly young and hip.

Looking over the short menu, I chose the BB breakfast special with milkfish ($13). It was a delicious meal. The onion fried rice was fragrant and not too oily. The fish had just the right amount of saltiness. All in all, this was a tasty meal. I also liked that price was all-in. But BBs is a cash-only diner so make sure you have all the change you need.

No comments: