Sunday, August 12, 2018

Lunch Munch

I was wandering around looking for a lunch spot and passed by the shops housed in metal shipping crates at Bathurst and Dundas. It's a hard business and I wasn't too surprised that only a few survived since my visit a few years ago. But hope springs eternal and there were some new contenders.

Looking over my options, I settled on Delightfully Delicious. Since Mother Home closed, I haven't had food from Myanmar. Oddly enough, the proprietress also knew of that restaurant, despite being from The Maritimes until recently. I chose the southern noodle dish ($7.99) and an avocado smoothie ($3.99). It was a good meal but because of the limited cooking space wasn't quite as complex in flavour as Mother Home. The smoothie was Vietnamese-style with condensed milk and perfect for a hot day. They also do catering and I'd bet you can have a greater variety of choices.

No comments: