Friday, November 20, 2015

Projection

When I think of ethnic food mart, I usually consider Mexican, Asian, or Indian stores. But there are other ethnicities and cultures in Toronto. So my further exploration of the strip mall at Sheppard and Consumers Road revealed another nice find on Thursday. This time, it was a small Balkan/Serbian market called Mercator Euro Mini Mart. They carry a variety of food stuff including Eastern European chocolate, spreads as well as a full deli. But I was interested in what they offered for lunch.

To that end, I ordered the 10-piece cevapi meal ($9.45). I thought it mean a kabob or sausage sliced up into several pieces. In fact, it was 10 full sausages (albeit only a few inches long)! I stared at the daunting portion of meat and then dug in. They were just grilled and had a great mouth-feel and scent. Luckily there was some bread (somun), cream cheese (kaymak), and onions to go with the sausages. It was a tasty but full lunch. For their lunch specials, Mercator also have moussaka, goulash, and other dishes. So I'll have to come back and try these other items.

No comments: