Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I Get Blotto

Cross-pollination has come full circle when I went down to Kensington Market on Sunday to Otto's Berlin Döner, which offers Middle-Eastern donair in the German style. Note that this wasn't somebody's crazy hipster idea, but "authentic" German food of at least 20 years vintage. As I didn't really want a shawarma, I opted for a "currywurst" instead. I guess the Germans have whole-hearted taken to South Asian cuisine like the British.

Mine was a pork-based bratwurst ($7.85) with a side of couscous ($1). This was a nice combination to update the typical meat-heavy Bavarian meal. The bites of salad and grain gave the dish more variety. The sausage itself was tasty and substantial. The fragrant curry had a small kick and made a good sauce. The only downside was that I thought the spices would actually be mixed into the sausage stuffing.

No comments: