Monday, December 11, 2023

Speed Shopping

On Saturday morning, I wanted to get my Christmas shopping done within the 2-hour limit allowed by a TTC's transfer. I have done it before but this time I was targeting West End stores: Uppdo, EweKnit, Jill and the Beanstalk, and Ziggy's At Home. I thought I would also try Tsuchi Cafe because they were doing a 1-day sale of Japanese bagels as a collaboration with Lisa Kitahara of Okonomi Kitchen. And then make another attempt at Kiss My Pans for Singaporean food. The shopping was mostly successful but the lunches were a bust; there was a long line-up at Tsu Chi and all the tables at Pans were full. So using the last 25 minutes of my transfer, I hopped on the streetcar and entered the College subway station with 10 minutes to spare.

It was raining when I exited Coxwell station so I stopped off at the Pizzaiolo location near my short-term rental. Back when I ate at the Queen and Tecumseh location after my Sunday yoga classes, I stuck to their Mediterranean slice. Their Bianca (with zucchini instead or artichoke) did not compare to (now defunct) Amato's at College and Borden. This time round I retried the Bianca ($5.99) as I noticed that Pizzaiolo has now added artichoke. Along with some roasted garlic and other spices, the flavour profile was almost the same as Amato's. Now if they could only add some olive oil to fully replicate this slice.

No comments: