Monday, November 14, 2016

Repent

Going to Hey Meatball! for Sunday brunch was a regular occurrence for me. But I noticed that compared to other spots in Little Italy, this diner didn't get much foot traffic. So I wasn't surprised when they finally closed up shop. This past Sunday, I dropped by to check out the new contender: Burgatory. Their burgers were named after the seven deadly sins. I opted for the spicy Wrath burger ($9.99) and added a combo drink and some Himalayan sea salt fries ($3.99).

The meat patty was thick and substantial with good beef. But I thought the blend was a tad on the dry side and could use more seasoning. In fact, without the good condiments and sauce, it would have been on the meh side of the equation. I don't know why restaurants use brioche buns. Maybe cause it looks and sounds "classy". The fries were better than most of these burger joints but not quite at McDonald's level.

This new spot doesn't seem to get much foot traffic either. I feel they're positioned in an awkward spot: too pricey to be a regular take-out option, not upscale enough to be a destination spot. It'll be interesting to see if they can make a go of it.

No comments: