Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ghandi Is Dandy (Sort of)

After seeing a Next Stage Fest play, I stopped by Gandhi to get a late dinner on Thursday. You can tell that this roti place gets a lot of customers, aside from the constant stream of pick-ups, by the efficient way they fill your order.

I opted for the chicken roti ($8.95). From the listing, I should have realized this was "mainland India"-style ingredients. So my stuffing is the spicier Indian curry. I love Indian dishes but for roti, I prefer the Caribbean curry; the flavouring is milder and less oily. The version at Gandhi is drier and the shell is thicker. Overall, this makes for a good but not mouth-watering roti. I'm surprised that this shop scores so high in polls and top ten rankings. Unlike the customer behind me, I won't be going out of my way to make a stop here.

No comments: