Friday, May 31, 2013

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight

Kitty corner to a KFC in Koreatown sits White Brick Kitchen. I went there for breakfast a while back and promised myself I'd return to try one of their specialties, Buttermilk Fried Chicken ($17). Thursday night, I finally came back for dinner.

The dish came with biscuits and a choice of sides. I opted for some greens and not the more filling fries or chips. Boy, that was a good move. I had glossed over the menu description. It wasn't just chicken, it was a half chicken! So when the plate arrived with a mound of 4 golden, huge, freshly-fried pieces, I was shocked at the portion.

The skin was crispy, slightly sweet, and piping hot. The inner meat was tender and soft. It was a good dish but ... so much chicken. I would recommend this as a sharing plate. In fact, after I stuffed down the very last bite with a groan, I vowed to stick to vegetarian meals for the next 2 days. And no more fried chicken for a year.

No comments: