Monday, July 27, 2020

To Get To The Shady Side

I have been doing some Yoga in the park because being outside was sometimes cooler than inside my place. On Sunday after self-practice, I wandered along College St. looking for a place to eat. Numerous restaurants had patios but I was looking for a less busy one on the South side (where there was some shade) to hide from blazing afternoon sun.

Finally, just past Bathurst, I saw two tables in front of trendy hot-spot Quetzal. Similar to Ballaro and Mission Lasagna, they were offering a simplified chicken-heavy menu under the moniker Don Pollo during the pandemic. I opted for a chicken sandwich ($13.95) and a side of escabeche vegetables ($5.95). The brioche buns were stuffed full of sinaloa-style chicken, slathered in sauce, and piled high with coleslaw. The veggies were a fancy version of pickles. Nevertheless, the variety of carrots, cauliflower, et al went well with the grilled chicken meat. That sandwich was a bit messy because of the size and ingredient; good thing I was given several napkins. It was a nice lunch despite the intense heat.

No comments: