Saturday, December 28, 2019

Tapas Fire

After another week of lazing around, I was back on Elgin St. on Friday for some yoga. It was another hard class building up to an arm balance. Although I could do it, I relied on my body sense and familiarity. Which is a face-saving way of saying I don't look too pretty getting into the pose. The yogini instructor, on the other hand, was slow and methodical. This took more work and strength. I'm motivated to practice this sort of "honesty" for 2020.

For lunch, I stopped by the oddly named Pi-Rho. But I realized it was a pun because the small diner was a Mediterranean grill. I had a small panic when I saw that it was a multi-step pick-your-own-options because of my last experience with a similar set-up. Luckily, this place had much tastier offerings.

For my grain bowl ($12.25), I opted for wild grains and quinoa; added eggplant and bell-pepper, and feta-mousse for my dips; included seasonal veggies for protein; and finished off with some tomatoes, onions, cucumber, and a pickled jalapeno pepper. It all came together quite nicely for a good lunch. For me, the stand-out was the combination of the sharpness of the cheese with the earthiness of the grilled vegetables.

No comments: