Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Sunshine of Your Love

On a Holiday Monday, I made it north to the grounds of York University for the Rogers Cup. This year, they were hosting the women tennis players. The first match on centre court was exciting and resulted in an upset with Dayana Yastremska beating Johanna Konta. Yastremska was the better player today, especially on her second serve. After eating a bland and overpriced veggie burger ($9.75) from Marigolds & Onions Catering, I stopped by court 1 for a second match. This had its moments with long rallies. But overall, Sofia Kenin dominated Su-Wei Hsieh after falling 1-4 in the first set to win 6-4, 6-2.

Although I could have stayed for a 3rd game: either Eugenie Bouchard's doubles match or Wozniacki's main draw, hours of sitting in the sun had sapped my energy. I decided to call it a day and head home.

No comments: