Sunday, January 6, 2019

Ethical Eats

After weeks of rich holiday meals, it was time to start eating healthy again for the New Year. So on Saturday, I headed to Virtuous Pie on College St. This new outpost of the Vancouver franchise offers vegan pizzas, ice cream, and other comfort food. Looking over my choices, I opted for the calabrese ($13) and a glass of lime lemongrass kombucha ($5).

The presentation of the pizza looked quite appetizing. Luckily, it wasn't just about looking good. The pie was quite tasty with a good mix of flavour. I'm not a fan of vegan cheese and rather do without but it provided good texture here. I was surprised by the spicy kick, stronger than most pizza joints. It was a nice heat but saturated my palate such that the lighter fennel fronds didn't register as strongly. Overall, this was a great lunch and the rest of the menu looked good for return visits.

No comments: