Sunday, June 10, 2018

Rad Rock Vs Dad Rock

On June 9th, I headed over to Roncesvalles for some shopping and also check out Roncy Rocks. It turns out this wasn't a street festival but a BIA-sponsored event. So with the various shops setting up stalls as well as a number of local artisans, the sidewalk was quite congested. After a fruitless search for a hand-made yoga bag, I was about to head home when I saw that the stage set up on a side street was hosting a few bands.

I stayed for Luna Li. I liked her solo set a few weeks ago at Luanda House. With a full set-up today, I was quite impressed with how much of a rock vibe they had going. This young band could be going places.  I might check out their release show next Friday. I was also surprised to see Jessica Stuart. This afternoon, she was here supporting Alex St. Kitts. This singer/bassist had an infectious personality and some funky songs. But his lyrics weren't quite at the level of his technical chops.

No comments: