Saturday, January 27, 2018

Shawarma Redux

The Middle-Eastern shawarma joint at College and Dufferin has been replaced with ... another one called Lebanon Express. I stopped by on Friday to check them out. Their prices were higher than the usual, but the quality of the options looked nicer and better made. I got a chicken combo: along with my pilaf rice and chicken, I had the choice of two sides.

I sat down with my choice and enjoyed my lunch very much. It was indeed fresh and tasty. I've been back a few times for wraps and other options. This is a good addition to the area, but I'm not sure it will last. The fact that they don't have some of the items on the menu is not a good sign. This corner seems to be more of a transfer point for most passerby. Otherwise, they are here for Vietnamese food at Pho Linh or Pho Phoenix, the atmospheric Persian brunch spot Tavoos, or the gentrified coffee shops.

No comments: