Friday, April 4, 2014

Everywhere You Cook

After a few mostly vegetarian meals, I really wanted a meaty dinner. I thought about good old Korean BBQ. So Thursday night, I headed over to Koreatown on Bloor. Unfortunately, my top choices were full. I finally settled on Korea House, though it was mostly empty. It was established back in 1973. Old and deserted weren't good signs but we shall see.

I ordered the Bulgogi dinner ($14.95). Along with an 4 kim chi dishes, a large metal plate of beef short ribs came out. There weren't the interesting variety like other joints, but the kimchi was spicy and of average quality. The ribs were fatty, reasonably tender (given the price and portion size, it won't be the primest cut), and filling. Service was lackadaisical compared to other Korean restaurants and in fact reminded of the taciturn owner of the Korean "fast food joint" Yummy BBQ. Okay food but no great shakes, it will be low on my list of options for the future.

No comments: