Monday, April 7, 2014

3-Hit Combo

I was heading home after spending the afternoon in the northern part of the city. Passing by the new Stockyards shopping centre on Weston Rd, I was amazed at its size (including the parking garages). I suppose that outside of the downtown core, there is still enough land to build suburban-style mega-structures. Feeling rather famished, and with the subway stuck at Dufferin station, I decided to exit and grab a bite at Carla's Gourmet Burger.

To draw in more customers, they had an $8.95 combo. Certainly there were more diners than the last time I was here. The meal was perfectly sized: enough burger and fries to satisfy. I found ordering separately  before was too much food. But they should make it clear that you are getting smaller portions. Otherwise, the $7.95 burgers listed on the menu would seem too pricey for its "size". Personally, I would have paid for the regular burger because I was looking for a big protein fix.

No comments: