Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hot In Here

My 2-month schedule for delicious, but oh so fatty, Indian food has come around again. So it was time to head to Banjara for a thali platter ($11.95). It was only after ordering that I realized that I was early by a week. I usually go during the Santa Claus Parade which is next week-end. It's a chance to see all the floats in one go without waiting for the parade and then having some tasty food. Oh well. I wasn't crying too hard when my fragrant Chicken Madras arrived.

The same cannot be said of a table near me. The squared-jaw man asked for his platter to be "as hot as you can make it". He found out right away what that meant. Kudos for eating it all, even with copious amount of water and Pepsi. I noticed though that each bite was barely chewed. Maybe he's used to gobbling down his food, or perhaps it was to minimize contact with mouth parts.

No comments: