Friday, October 11, 2013

Drift Apart

Thursday night, I dropped by local bar Drift on my way home. This is a nice, casual place with a great selection of beer and dishes. Though I have been here several times, I don't know why I don't frequent this place more often since the prices are quite reasonable.

I skipped the booze because I was too hungry to imbibe and got a corn chowder soup ($6) and a Chipotle pulled chicken sandwich ($10). The soup was thick and hot, well-balanced between the sweet corn, salty bacon, and starchy potatoes. Add the generous sprinkling of chives and this was a filling start. The sandwich was gooey from the sauce. Essentially, they've taken a typical pulled "meat" entree, complete with sauce and coleslaw, and stuffed it inside a sandwich. The chicken was tender and the slaw gave a nice crunch. But the sauce was over-seasoned and too sweet. It overpowered the dish after a few bites.

No comments: