Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mighty Aphrodite

On Tuesday, Venus was scheduled to pass between Earth and the Sun. The next occurrence won't happen until 2117, long after I'm dead. Not wanting to miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime Transit of Venus, I headed down to Varsity Stadium at Bloor and St. George to join 5000 other people viewing this celestial event. But, speaking of movement, I was late because I had to unclog some blockage at my place. Oh, dear, to miss out over some pipe problems?

Luckily, there were volunteers outside the stadium handing out special glasses. I grabbed two pairs and headed up to Dupont to my Yoga class. We passed around the specs and looked at that little tiny black dot against the blazing sun. The class became a dedication to Venus and comprised of gentler Yin practices such as meditation and long holds. It was interesting to contemplate several thoughts. The obvious one being that in 100 years, everyone I'm practicing with will be long gone including myself.

No comments: