Sunday, May 28, 2017

Pizza Pair

Saturday morning, I headed to St. Clair Ave for the 4th anniversary of The Repair Café. This DYI initiative has volunteers of all stripes, but mostly sewers of clothes and fixers of household items, help to fix various broken goods. I brought along a small TV soundbar that has a non-working aux input. If an item was fixed, a bell would ring. Unfortunately, only a few dings sounded while I was there and it didn't include my piece. I think most electronic items were simply too old; there were better results in the sewing room. But it was a convivial atmosphere and a fun idea.

Looking around for a lunch spot, I finally ended up at Pizza E Pazzi with a diavola pizza ($15) and a pint of Krambucher ($9). It was an attractive pie, covered with the olive oil, fior di latte (mozzarella from cow's milk as opposed to the pricier buffalo), spicy salami, and chili. The crust was thin and freshly baked. Pazzi claims official "Neapolitan" designation but the dough was just a step below the best pizzeria in the city. Still, it was a nice lunch.

No comments: