Friday, September 18, 2015

Been There, Dundas

I really enjoyed my lunch at Dundas Park Kitchen, so I returned on Thursday for another lunch-time meal. This go-round, I ordered the pot pie special ($13). For the soup, I opted for a curry stew. It was rich and fragrant, almost a meal in itself, with big chunks of carrots. There were also chickpeas and fresh garnishes. The chicken pot pie was delicious: chewy crust, tender chicken morsels. I have a soft-spot for pot-pies because we ate them for special occasion when I was growing up. Of course, this savoury entrée is in another league compared to the $0.79 supermarket version. The chocolate chunk cookie (with a small pretzel embedded on top) was just the soft decadent dessert to finish off the meal. Another excellent outing here. I would suggest to arrive here just a little early to beat the lunch crowd, especially if you want a seat at the handful of spots that are available.

No comments: