Monday, May 28, 2012

Hair Of The Dog

The Remedy
There are numerous "sure-fire" cures for a hangover. Though I didn't have one on Sunday, I had just finished a vigorous yoga session, and so I wanted to try the "The Remedy" at Hadley's. This dish, along with their ongoing experimentation with French toast, is one of their go-to dish. A supposed cure for last night's debauchery, it is a popular brunch item on the week-end.

For $14, you get two poached eggs, which is then deep-fried and covered with hollandaise, over a bed of hash brown, beans, smoke cheddar and pulled pork. A side of coleslaw and some fruit slices was the winking nod to healthfulness. The batter had a latin flavour from the corn meal and went well with the gooey yolk. Oddly, it seemed a bit under-salted - not a typical criticism of breakfast dishes. The hash brown, beans, and pork made a tasty combination, but I would prefer a stronger spicy BBQ kick to the meat. Amazingly, it didn't leave me feeling bloated and overstuffed; though I wouldn't indulge regularly if I want the old ticker to keep going.

No comments: