Tuesday, February 7, 2012

West-End Pide

I was walking one block west of the Ossington subway station when I noticed that there was a new restaurant called Pidza that also serves Turkish Pide. How exciting! Perhaps I don't have to venture to the East end.

While waiting for my Turkish sausage and egg pide ($8.99), I talked to the owner. It turns out there are 4 similar shops with the remaining two at Wilson and on the Danforth. This shop uses an oven with a conveyor belt, think Quizno toasting their subs, instead of the pizza oven of Pizza Pide. The dough seems to come out the same though.

The presentation isn't as nice. Everything is cut up and plopped down on styrofoam plates. There was also less topping on the pide making it less enjoyable. The vegetarian option looks to have more toppings, but in general not as mouthwatering as the competition. Unless the lahmacun is as good as the menu photo suggests, I'll still have to make my way to Gerrard and Pape to get my Middle Eastern pizza fix.

No comments: