Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Eat On The Run

I was in Ottawa for Easter when I noticed a sign on Montreal Road advertising "Drive Thru Pizza". It was the second day for new joint Drive Pie. Aside from their hook for drivers, they also had a few tables inside for walk-ins. The brochure claimed that the owner wanted to bring back his mom's special dough from the old family store called The Pizza Stop. But there was likely some Middle-Eastern background as well since their "open-face meat pie" were obviously lahmacun. Too bad they weren't ready to make those yet.

So I settled for pocket pies at $2.99. Both my choices were the spinach and feta cheese option. The dough was very soft, apparently a specialty. The spinach was fresh and tasty. But there wasn't enough cheese. I'd rather have a smaller roll or pay more to get more dairy goodness. From the taste, I suspect that this was a variation on fatayer.

No comments: