Saturday, September 26, 2015

Spice World?

I enjoyed my recent Mexican lunch at Latin World so decided to head back on Friday. I like its unpretentious bodega feel, but unfortunately the down-side is that service is hit or miss depending on your visit. This time around, there were a couple of mis-steps that would get the stink-eye from a typical restaurant: table wasn't cleaned, the spicy salsa was left over from the previous diner, and the complimentary fried nachos wasn't delivered to my table.

The spice level was also uneven between dishes. The tamales ($4) was soft and practically fell apart in your mouth, but its chicken stuffing was bland. The barbacoa tacos (4 for $10) were balanced and tasty but the chorizo version was mouth-puckeringly salty. I am becoming hesitant about its status as a regular dining spot.

No comments: